Tuesday, May 06, 2008

THE STILL CALM VOICE

Whenever I get to read to my students I invariably say "Ok, now you can relax and do nothing but listen to the soothing sound of my voice."

They usually laugh and kind of relax. I don't pretend to have a soothing voice, I just like to say it. I actually get really tired of the sound of my voice. Apparently so do some of the others, because yesterday one of my girls said, "Mr. V, I'm sorry, but I just have to say this. You don't have a soothing voice."

My only consolation was the boy in third period who wrapped himself up in his big jacket and lay on the floor while I read to him. In my soothing voice.

3 comments:

PlumLily said...

Hahah :) I like this story.

Anonymous said...

hah that was bridget!

Unknown said...

hate to break it to you Mr. V but that student was right. Your voice isn't bad it is just not soothing. You still are an AWESOME teacher though but not so soothing. Just kidding, but really.stop saying that. I hope you are having a GREAT summer.........with Alyssa! lol
Love,
Lauren and Julianna
writing done mostly by Lauren with Julianna laughing in the back around.