Sunday, May 25, 2008

You know what is cool about my GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) students? No? Well, let me tell you. Besides being your future doctors, explorers, scientists, famous actors and actresses, lawyers, and Presidents, they rock!

They are present at every single school function. If I just taught all general classes, probably 1 percent of my students would be represented. But that is not the case. I teach GATE social studies and my students are the movers and shakers of their generation. No lie. They give me hope for the future.

If there is a Renaissance Faire, they are the ones dressing up, and they are the ones making the calligraphy bookmarks. If there is a talent show, they are in one half of the skits/songs/dances. If there is a chalk festival in Santa Barbara, half of the students assigned a block to chalk for Santa Babara Junior High are in one of my GATE classes.

I love those kids! They are going places.

4 comments:

PlumLily said...

very cool.

PlumLily said...

stop bein a slacker yo! i'm in needs of your tunes!... i've all ready been working on your new cd... but me thinks i will hold out just to spite you ;)

Unknown said...

Ya we r pretty awesome!
Love,

Julianna & Lauren

Anonymous said...

Can I be your..."partner?"
so we can have some fun? i havent had any good times lately, and im craving so much!