Friday, September 19, 2008

This week has been hell. I am so tired and worn out! I substituted for the same 7th graders all week and I picked up all of these tutoring clients recently so my schedule has been something like:

Set alarm for 6:30, get up at 7am.
Leave for work by 7:15.
Teach periods 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 + a 20 minute reading period right before lunch.
Leave school at 2:30 and drive straight to tutoring.
Tutor from 2:45 to 3:45.
Drive to other tutoring, from 4:00 to 5:00.
Practice music with Brendan. (Or help someone move for three hours, or perform concert with Brendan)
Grocery shopping, etc.
Come home at around 10-11pm.
Catch up on emails, facebook, youtube, music.
Go to sleep at 12:30-1am.

Repeat.

ps. The 7th graders...suck. I sent students out of the classroom EVERY SINGLE DAY for misbehaving, talking back, having attitude, not listening, etc. It got so bad that the principal came in and lectured my 6th period class today. It was awesome. Then he took out four specific imps and spoke with them in private. Nice to know I've got support, eh?

1 comment:

Katie Houston said...

The joys of middle school...I lost it with my eighth graders the other day. Totally. I smacked something down on the piano and yelled at them. I hated it. I thought, "I'm going to be a horrible mother!" It's not easy. And I'm sure being a parent isn't either. But both are rewarding and that's what makes the difference I'm sure :-).