Tuesday, April 15, 2008

THE CONNECTIONS

Not much to report these days, but I want to keep my (few) readers happy, so I will write about two things that have struck my fancy recently.

1. There is a talent show coming up at our school, and the teachers are being encouraged to get involved. I have slightly considered showing off my hackey sack skills or maybe solving the Rubik's Cube in under a minute.

2. Today in class we had discussions that I always dreamed I would have as a teacher--we were talking about patrons in the Renaissance (the Medici's!) and I brought up all the different libraries and theaters in town that are named after philanthropists. Making the connections, you see? And then we talked about how the arts in Florence inspired more artists and raised the bar in terms of artistic standards, kind of like what my friend Brendan has been experiencing in Nashville, Tennessee. The Luria Library in Santa Barbara, named after the "patron" Eli Luria.

Making the connections, you see?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

that is spam! i opened it and i think i almost got a virus...you should delete if you can. woops
cvn

Anonymous said...

ummm.. for the talent show, i think you should do both things. hahahaha,.. that would be soo much fun!! hackey sack phil... just like the good ol' DP days, where you hung out between the art and language classrooms. awwww the memories. its me mari by the way...